Top 6 Reasons for avoiding ceramic tiles on floor and solutions
TOP 6 REASONS ONE SHOULD NOT PUT CERAMIC TILES ON THE FLOOR
Ceramic Tiles surface is very hard and does not have any cushioning. So standing for a long time on the ceramic floor is not comfortable. This can cause leg pain and hence one should avoid using Ceramic Tiles in areas where people stand for longer duration.
- people generally put carpet or other soft material over the tile surface to the areas where one has to stand for a longer period.
- Instead of putting ceramic tiles one can go with vinyl flooring to solve this issue.
Ceramic Tiles surface cannot be repaired or polished as like Marble and granite. So we can only replace of the tile and cannot repair it. Over a period of time design of the tiles often gets discontinues. and then we cannot replace the ceramic tiles with matching tiles. Even sometime because of batch variations the shade may vary. Thus repairing of the ceramic tile is another disadvantage.
- One should buy additional quantity of tiles and keep them in stock for any such unforeseen requirement
Tiles surface can be easily chipped off of or crack if any strong object falls on it and calls for a replacement.
- One should use full colored body vitrified tiles so that even after chipping beauty of the tiles remains intact.
- One should avoid putting tiles in those areas where the chances of hard object to fall on the surface is more.
Tiles surface is always cold and thus walking one the tiles barefoot during winter season can be painful.
- One should use wooden flooring if the temperature goes down drastically during winter season.
- One should put carpet on the ceramic floor during winter season.
Ceramic tiles surface is very slippery if water is put on the it or if the surface is glossy.
- One should use anti skid or Matt finish tiles to the areas where the floor area is mostly wet to avoid such accidents.
- People should prohibit use of glossy tiles in high traffic areas or where movement is fast.
Ceramic Tiles does not provide any insulation to the surface and does nothing to dampen the sound in a room.
- We can place rugs and runners properly to provide insulation to the surface.